Drying clothes is an essential step in the laundry process, and while LG automatic washing machines offer convenient features like built-in dryers, it is crucial to use them correctly to avoid potential mishaps. In this article, we will discuss the dos and don’ts of drying clothes in an LG automatic washing machine to ensure the safety of your clothes and the longevity of your machine.
Dos of Drying Clothes in LG Automatic Washing Machine
- Follow Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always refer to the user manual or guidelines provided by LG for specific instructions on drying clothes in your automatic washing machine. Different models may have variations in their drying settings and capabilities.
- Select the Right Drying Cycle: LG automatic washing machines offer various drying cycles, such as regular, delicate, and air dry. Choose the appropriate cycle based on the fabric type and the level of drying required.
- Remove Excess Water: Before starting the drying cycle, ensure that the clothes have undergone a proper spin cycle to remove as much excess water as possible. This step will help reduce the drying time and save energy.
- Use Fabric Softener Sparingly: If your LG automatic washing machine has a fabric softener dispenser for the drying cycle, use it sparingly. Excessive fabric softener can leave a residue on clothes and reduce their absorbency.
- Clean the Lint Filter: Regularly clean the lint filter of the machine to prevent lint buildup. A clogged filter can affect the drying performance and may even pose a fire hazard.
Don’ts of Drying Clothes in LG Automatic Washing Machine
- Overload the Machine: Avoid overloading the washing machine with clothes, as this can impede proper airflow during the drying process. Overloading may result in uneven drying and wrinkled clothes.
- Dry Delicate Fabrics at High Temperatures: Be cautious when drying delicate fabrics like silk or wool. High temperatures can damage these fabrics, so use the low-heat or air dry setting for such items.
- Leave Zippers Open: Before starting the drying cycle, ensure that all zippers are closed to prevent snagging and damage to both the clothes and the machine.
- Add Wet Clothes to Dry Clothes: Do not add wet clothes to a load of already dry clothes during the drying cycle. This can disrupt the drying process and may require restarting the cycle.
- Dry Clothes for Extended Periods: Avoid leaving clothes in the machine after the drying cycle is complete. Promptly remove the clothes to prevent wrinkles and to save energy.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can make the most of your LG automatic washing machine’s drying capabilities while ensuring the safety and longevity of your clothes.
Using the drying feature of an LG automatic washing machine can be a convenient way to dry your clothes after washing. However, it is crucial to follow the dos and don’ts to ensure the best results and prevent any mishaps. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines, choose the appropriate drying cycle, and avoid overloading the machine. By taking these precautions, you can enjoy efficient and effective drying without compromising the quality of your clothes or the performance of your LG automatic washing machine.
1. Can I dry all types of fabrics in my LG automatic washing machine? While LG automatic washing machines offer various drying cycles, not all fabrics are suitable for machine drying. Delicate fabrics like silk or wool should be dried using low-heat or air dry settings to prevent damage.
2. Can I leave the clothes in the machine after the drying cycle is complete? It is not recommended to leave the clothes in the machine after the drying cycle is complete, as this can lead to wrinkles and may require restarting the drying process.
3. How often should I clean the lint filter in my LG automatic washing machine? The lint filter should be cleaned regularly to prevent lint buildup. It is advisable to clean it after every drying cycle or as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Can I add fabric softener to the drying cycle in my LG automatic washing machine? Yes, you can add fabric softener to the drying cycle if your LG washing machine has a fabric softener dispenser. However, use it sparingly to avoid residue on clothes.
5. What should I do if the drying cycle does not dry the clothes properly? If the drying cycle does not dry the clothes adequately, ensure that you have selected the correct drying cycle and that the clothes have undergone a proper spin cycle to remove excess water. If the issue persists, consult the user manual or seek professional assistance.