UGC Recognised, Affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University,
Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (formerly U.P.T.U.) (Indian University)
- For admission to first year of B.Tech. ,a candidate must have clearly passed without grace, intermediate examination of 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) without grace in required subject combination of two compulsory subjects and one optional subject taken together, as given in following table.
- The subject combination required in the qualifying examination 10+2 level examination for admission to first year of B.Tech. course shall be as under:-
Any one of the following subjects
Chemistry, Biotechnology & Biology
Eligibility For Admission To Second Year (Lateral Entry) Of B. Tech :
- Lateral entry in 'B.Tech. for Engg. Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics' as one of the subject at XII standard.
- Candidates who have passed 'three years Engg. Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) OR 'whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh' and he/she has passed three years Engg. Diploma with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering , are eligible for admission to Second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates who have passed 'three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subject' from any recognized University; securing minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible for admission to second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology.
4 Years, Full Time, Under Graduate Degree
Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of engineering, physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
The engineering field requires an understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. Mechanical engineers use these core principles along with tools like
computer- aided engineering, and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants,industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices, weapons, and others.
has the following Labs
- Manufacturing Science Lab
- FluidMechanics Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Material Science Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Measurement & Metrology Lab
- Engineering Drawing Lab
- CAD-CAM Lab